Hi, my name is Darren, I’m living in Western Europe and I’m a filmmaker, 3D animator & designer who happens to love taking pictures! About three years ago I’ve been diagnosed with ADHD/ADD, Asperger’s Syndrome and Social Anxiety and I’ve been trying to turn this knowledge into an advantage by trial and error ever since.
Some people will find this hard to believe, especially the ones that know me… but I have a great sense of humor! How do I know this you ask? Well, for starters, I’m always laughing really loud at my own jokes. Through the years humor has been a helpful coping mechanism and it saved me on numerous occasions.
Hopefully I’m able to be a somewhat hyperactive inspiration to others, through my writings and creative work.
A few random facts about me:
- Left and right, I always seem to mix them up when I need to respond quickly. Simple solution: I just randomly choose one and hope for the best.
- I don’t drink. Well, I mean alcohol. But when I’m having fun, I can appear to be drunk.
- I can’t sit still, I’m always busy with things.
- I suspect an ADHD comorbidity. I have ADD/ADHD. I’m such a fan of abbreviations!
- When I was younger I was absolutely crazy about caravans (travel trailers). I would chase them down the street and knew exactly where and how many were parked in the neighborhood.
- I. Hate. Cheese. And it took me many years before I was able to stay in the same room as cheese. Now, I’m living in a city famous for it’s traditional cheese market and is sometimes referred to as “Cheese City”. Talking about irony!
- I’m afraid of Muppets, from the Muppetshow. There, I said it. I would prefer any thriller or horror movie, any day, over having to watch one second of the Muppetshow.
- I once got my own “Football chant” in the Amsterdam Arena from supporters of a rival football team, when I got behind one of the TV cameras after a big match and started to film them.
- I have a driver’s license, but there’s more chance of seeing a solar eclipse while it’s snowing then there’s a chance of seeing me driving a car. But I’m planning to work on this!
- I can solve a Rubik’s Cube in less then 2 minutes. I’ve seen others doing this much faster on YouTube, but I’ve developed my own unique solving-style. (I didn’t say it was better!)
“Life is like a camera… Focus on what’s important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don’t work out, take another shot.